Who's really running Warez-BB?

Cal

Who's really running Warez-BB?

Post by Cal » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:50 pm

Been around this scene since Win98 (First), and with usenet before all the forums and I've never seen anything like Warez-BB before or as of now with ANY board - just formed or up for awhile. Always problems and never up more than a few days at a time at best.

Does ANYONE have any idea what is going on with their so called problems, or is it just junk (Cheap) servers and or operators trying to get by on the cheap and saying they are spending $$?

Someone that maybe knows one of the Mods that are still hanging around as I wouldn't think anyone with any pride in their work would have left the Admin side of things long ago if for no more than reputation. POS site now as far as stability. Can't believe anyone would depend on them to upload anything.

Input please. What are they trying to do...get by on $8.00 a month on shared servers?

Cal

xmen

Re: Who's really running Warez-BB?

Post by xmen » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:43 pm

warez bb is dying slowly

Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:05 am

They were doing great for years and would go down from time to time usually due to a ddos attack of some sort and that was about it but then one day about a year or so ago their host just dumped them without warning and they were gone gone for like 2-3 months I think it was while they were looking for a new host that wouldnt can them right away for the whole warez thing. Well, they found one that was painfully slow but they were back, then they left that one (from my understanding) and went to this host they are with now and to be honest, they suck! I think its someone running their own server from a computer in a closet or something. While it does work great, when it works, it goes down A LOT! And they have zero e-mail server. Thats why I believe they are operating out of a bedroom closet somewhere cause I own and run two pretty big web sites and I dont have a single email issue with my host I use.

Cal

Post by Cal » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:01 am

I used to know a few of the 'Super Mods' - but the ones that are left are gone.
Thing is, they 'say' they are in Hong Kong and I don't think there is a problem getting online with a fairly good host...but who would put up with this kind of BS? The old Admins were too good and very solid. I wonder how many members they still have. The site, when up, is a good one for finding things however. Seems someone would step in and take it over.

Thanks Hippie459MN for your insight.

sbubba

Post by sbubba » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:35 am

Ask them on Twitter and get blocked. Lol

belgam12

Post by belgam12 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:14 am

Know what you're talking about or shut up.
It has always been like that, I remember 2012, start 2013, was even worse.
The last 2 to 3 years were bad, downtime seems to last longer than uptime, perception.
The twitter acc was only created to inform you, not to start a debate.
Whatever Smod, Emod or SL, can do nothing about the downtime.
Coolyou has always managed to get the site back, so far, can't see a reason why it should be different now.
On a side note
" Can't believe anyone would depend on them to upload anything."W-bb is not a filehost, you can only post links, ask HRA, v1,v2,v3 why he's posting his links on w-bb.
As stated on twttr, nobody likes downtime, links die quickly.
Their exposure has and will always be big.
If the members had to pay to join the site, then they would have a reason to complain.
The last ten years I visit the site daily, at any time during the day
there are 400 to 800 members online, when they are up ofc :lol: