Warez-BB Alternatives

Scre5m

Re: Warez-BB Alternatives

Post by Scre5m » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:59 pm

hellswarrior wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:54 am

Code: Select all

https://www.fopnu.com
This is not a forum but a brand new p2p program from the creator of WinMX and Tixati. It's just getting off the ground so there isnt a lot of files there yet, but it has great potential (if anyone is interested) :) P.S. Both WinMX and Tixati are still running as well

WinMX -

http://patch.winmxconex.com
Tixati -

https://www.tixati.com
Full connection encryption and decentralized public key infrastructure

Does this mean my IP will not be visible to other uploaders and downloaders?
The reason I quit torrent is because my IP was always visible to others.
If IP is fully visible. Then it is not safe to use. Because here in my nation.
The police are monitoring all IP on torrents.

You download a torrent. Police will immediately show up at your door.
And 99% of the torrents. Police is uploading them to you to track down your IP.

a1pilot

Post by a1pilot » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:23 am

Scre5m wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:59 pm
hellswarrior wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:54 am

https://www.fopnu.com
This is not a forum but a brand new p2p program from the creator of WinMX and Tixati. It's just getting off the ground so there isnt a lot of files there yet, but it has great potential (if anyone is interested) :) P.S. Both WinMX and Tixati are still running as well

WinMX -

http://patch.winmxconex.com
Tixati -

https://www.tixati.com
Full connection encryption and decentralized public key infrastructure

Does this mean my IP will not be visible to other uploaders and downloaders?
The reason I quit torrent is because my IP was always visible to others.
If IP is fully visible. Then it is not safe to use. Because here in my nation.
The police are monitoring all IP on torrents.

You download a torrent. Police will immediately show up at your door.
And 99% of the torrents. Police is uploading them to you to track down your IP.
I've avoided torrents for years. Whilst technically most traffic is easy to track for an ISP, torrents are exceptionally easy red lights for downloading.

That's why I prefer this way, you download a file from filehost over https. It's just another .rar file for the most part as far as traffic is concerned. The ISP would need to target traffic from a specific filehost and then discern if the file you download is questionable.

Nowhere near safe, but it mixes the download traffic with regular net traffic far better than torrents do.

Scre5m

Post by Scre5m » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:07 pm

Thanks for the explanation. I think I stay to filehost for now. Filehost is safest.

hellswarrior

Post by hellswarrior » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:05 am

I've avoided torrents for years. Whilst technically most traffic is easy to track for an ISP, torrents are exceptionally easy red lights for downloading.
I totally agree and thats why i prefer using filehosts as well. I only mentioned these because folks have said forums are closing down. I have used winmx (mostly for chat rooms and sharing files with freinds) ever since the beginning (2000) and i don't know anyone personally who has been charged on there, nor have i ever heard of anyone. The most recent episodes of series can be found on there along with a decent library of movies, downloads are not as fast unless you get a multi point download (from multiple users). I'm not recommending anyone switch from filehosts to p2p, just saying there are other alternatives / backup plans available :D .

As for how secure Fopnu is, that is yet to be determined, one would have to run packet sniffing programs to find out for sure if its secure or not. The programmer is the same fella that wrote the winmx p2p program, so hopefully if its not secure at the moment, it will be in the future. :)

bill5848

Post by bill5848 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:06 am

Well SilentGround is private, but always welcomes new members & there are plenty of shares in regular section. Every member can invite other people to join. The VIP links tend to last longer & has some posts that the regular membership doesn't have. The VIP membership is to help keep the server fees covered & is not required to pay every month, you can send the fee only the months you want access to VIP or Elite. The biggest rule there is respect everyone else, no religion, politics or any subject that can cause disagreements. We take pride in being world wide, friendly & peaceful.All I need is your email address to send an invitation, just PM it to me. I sometimes miss a day or 2 getting online, but I will send as soon as I check my email & see the request.

bill5848

Post by bill5848 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:18 pm

Silentground.org is having open house this week only. Today is Thursday, January 4, 2018, this was posted last night at 11:00 PM. Come give it a try, the goal is to get more people to call SilentGround home. They do not charge, but if you can & want to, you can donate.

cosmicwav

Post by cosmicwav » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:23 pm

they still say its a private forum....i tried

Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:54 pm

SilentGround is ok. it can be a confusing forum to navigate compared to sites like WBB and here. And they also dont have a lot of stuff like TV series unless its a MAJOR MAJOR show. It looks pretty though, I will give it that.

a1pilot

Post by a1pilot » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:00 pm

Says I need a link to register.

darkfish

Post by darkfish » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:50 pm

No luck registering for SilentGround here... anyone able to invite?

cosmicwav

Post by cosmicwav » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:16 pm

still need an invite

bill5848

Post by bill5848 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:29 am

Check back in a few days, because it was posted by an administrator that we will be have 'open house' . This week they have a special price for ViP & Elite membership, less than half price. I offered to send invitations before by PM request, a few people joined & others never opened their invitation. I don't come here a lot because I do clean up (mod) on SG, but I do get email notices if I get a PM from here, I will have to have your email to send you an invitation, it's send from Silent Ground.

bill5848

Post by bill5848 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:38 am

darkfish wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:50 pm
No luck registering for SilentGround here... anyone able to invite?
I can send you an invite.

bill5848

Post by bill5848 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:41 am

cosmicwav wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:16 pm
still need an invite
Private Message your email address to me & I can send you an invite. If you sent me a message before, resend it, because I didn't see it.

Scre5m

Post by Scre5m » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:44 am

Warez has 1 year trouble. It started in 2017 and in 2018 warez still have not fixed it problems.