Request: Missing Subtitles (IDX+SUB)

neoluv0r

Request: Missing Subtitles (IDX+SUB)

Post by neoluv0r » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:34 am

HRA v3, love your releases. The only thing that is seemingly missing from your releases are the IDX+SUB subtitles.

It would be nice if you could start including them.

Some releases, particularly from DEMAND and others that don't include backup subs embedded in the videos, need these subtitles for non-english and other parts because the subtitles and text aren't hardcoded into the video.

HRA v3
Site Admin

Re: Request: Missing Subtitles (IDX+SUB)

Post by HRA v3 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:00 am

neoluv0r

Post by neoluv0r » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:39 pm

I use places like these all the time for when subtitles are missing.

I'm just curious as to the absence of the IDX+SUB subtitles from your releases. If you don't have them that's fine. It's not that big of a deal, but it would be nice to have the full complete release of anything since the IDX+SUB subtitles are part of many releases and are often never shared and nearly impossible to find.

Biggaloot

Post by Biggaloot » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:23 am

It's unlikely that any English language TV shows from the U.S are ripped with subtitles of any type since they are ripped from web download streams of these shows from various Canadian or American TV channels. These shows are NOT broadcast with subtitles.
The only way "subtitles" are available is if the viewer is using the close captioning option available for hearing impaired folks.

HRA only posts TV shows which never have subs. Basically, it's only foreign language movies(French, Russian, Spanish, German, et al) that have subtitles available and they have English subs.
What language subs are you looking for???

Perhaps the links HRA so kindly posted this morning may have them.
I would suggest finding blogs/sharing sites from non English speaking countries to see if American TV shows are posted either dubbed or with the foreign language subs.

neoluv0r

Post by neoluv0r » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:01 am

HRA does post releases with corresponding subtitles, but he never posts the subtitles that go with them. These subtitles are generally part of DVDRip, BDRip, and BluRay releases. Release group DEMAND always uses external subtitles so it's a pain in the ass having to hunt down regular text subtitles that aren't garbage when the release subtitles aren't included. It's even worse when the good subtitles for a show were only synced up to like a HDTV/WEB-DL release and don't match the disc release of something. Having to spend time resyncing subtitles while watching something for the first time really breaks the first watch experience.

Look, I'm not going to get in some big argument here. If HRA isn't posting them, he isn't posting them. I made a request and he pointed me to various sources. I'm leaving it at that. I'm not so picky that I can't just go and find regular variety text subtitles for the stuff I grab even if they are garbage.