The Future

mitch345

The Future

Post by mitch345 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:49 pm

I'm sure many of you, like me, have had premium accounts on various file-hosting sites and have seen most of them come and go and/or become unreliable in a short sapce of time. Throughout those years though I have always maintained my premium RS account, as it has always served me well. It seems that they have now decided to actively pursue people like our very own HRA, who do so much great work that we all enjoy. With my RS account due for renewal in November, now is the time to start shopping around and looking for a new host to build a long-term relationship.

With so many sites appearing and disappearing almost weekly, what is going to be the site of the future that we can all count on? Any recommendations?

PJAmerica

Re: The Future

Post by PJAmerica » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:37 pm

To be honest. You are better off investing month to month in a multi-host supported site. You just need to do some research anf find the one that caters to the hosts that are predominate to your needs here and elsewhere.

toilaClatty

Post by toilaClatty » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:42 am

I consider, that you are not right. I am assured. Write to me in PM, we will discuss.

fightthefuture

Post by fightthefuture » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:38 am

Filefactory offer great value for money - received an offer via email last week; $40 for 12 months premium, which is a bargain, all things considered. I hate how they seem to constantly be updating their servers, which can lead to files being unavailable, but that's the only negative so far.

RS isn't a site I'll bother with going forward. I think my account expires is in December, after that, I'm done with them (first opened my account in '06).

MrCube

Post by MrCube » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:54 pm

Many file hosting sites provide you some great features at the site. But as they get more users, things starting changing.

Better not invest on a filehost for more than 3 months.

nexus

Post by nexus » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:05 pm

I have had the same dilemma. I have been with RS from the .de site many years now. I almost got a lifetime account with
mega-upload, but as you can see, that would have been a big mistake.
I think it's unfortunate that RS is the most likely to stay around, and that is because they delete files so quick. You
can not blame them, you need to blame the anti-piracy groups at such.
Even as I have looked around at other hosts, I see them deleting files just as quick as RS and I have been hearing
others saying they are deleting their accounts too.
These multi-host sites will be targeted just the same. I think RS is the safest bet, I can only hope good people
like HRA keep uploading to the site.

PJAmerica

Post by PJAmerica » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:05 am

Multi-host sites have been targeted for some time now. Whether it's by cutting off payment options to the services or halting traffic to the multi-host site's premium accounts. However, they are the most resilient and affordable to date until things simmer down if ever.

nexus

Post by nexus » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:38 pm

Japan has attacked the down-loader.

for about 3 weeks now, if you download copyright materials,
it's a 2 year imprisonment.
This is the most harsh thing I have seen, but how will they deal
with 50 of the population going to prison?