Has ClicknUpload slowed for you

pewe

Has ClicknUpload slowed for you

Post by pewe » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:18 pm

I've always been able to download from ClickNUpload at max speed (for my connection this was only 1.1MB/s as I'm rural) - but suddenly in the last few days it seems to be capping at .7MB/s

Is anyone else experiencing this??

Biggaloot

Re: Has ClicknUpload slowed for you

Post by Biggaloot » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:25 am

CNU has been slowing down DL connections over the past few months for all free users.
We have FOS fiber with 100ms DL speed and it is still slower for CNU downloads then it was in the past.
The fastest speeds for free users is 1Fichier, usually 1.5-3+mbs and Uploadrocket is usually just as fast.
Also note that DL speeds vary according to how many folks are accusing a particular file hosting site.
Since I'm a free user, I can't really complain about the speeds

pewe

Post by pewe » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:27 am

Thanks Bigaloot.

Shame that CNU has done that - just as I secure a faster service (4G) - I couldn't find any reference on their site to becoming a paid user so looks like it'll have to be UploadRocket from now on.

Biggaloot

Post by Biggaloot » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:55 pm

It appears that is was not totally correct:
most hosting sites seem to have much slower DL speeds during peak times. I'm in the U.S. and find that my DL speeds are much faster when it's late at night in Europe. For example right now it's 845am here, 1245pm in London and 145pm in Rome, Paris Berlin and so on.

During my daytime, CNU DL speeds are always much less the 1MBS. At 11pm last night here(well past midnight in Europe), I DL'd a move using CNU and the speed was 1.5-1.7 MBS.
During my daytime, DL speeds for ALL hosting sites are much slower because there is more traffic. Late at night, speeds are always much faster.

Certain hosting sites are slow 24/7 for free users like me.

pewe

Post by pewe » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:15 am

Thanks for the update.

I have never been able to download from CNU at more than 1.3 because that was the fastest my broadband would accommodate due to our line length.

The other day it was abysmal at less than 0.5mb - hence my post.

I did download from UploadRocket earlier today and was getting 15Mb/s speed on my new 4G service - so weird having a file down in less than 15 minutes when it previously would have taken over 5 hours.

I'll have to keep trying different options and see which is the best - assuming all the downloads I want are on the best sites.

Thanks again.

MysticMatter

Post by MysticMatter » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:14 pm

I am on a 250 MBPS line and CNU use to be fast but now has definitely slowed for me. I have been using HRAs OL links (free) and I am averaging about 20-23Mb/s download speeds, which is screaming fast. Most of HRAs x265 720p rips will download for me in 10-15 seconds.

pewe

Post by pewe » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:18 am

MysticMatter wrote: I have been using HRAs OL links (free) and I am averaging about 20-23Mb/s download speeds, which is screaming fast.
Strange - for me OL averages about 2.5/3 Mb/s.

MysticMatter

Post by MysticMatter » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:27 am

pewe wrote:
MysticMatter wrote: I have been using HRAs OL links (free) and I am averaging about 20-23Mb/s download speeds, which is screaming fast.
Strange - for me OL averages about 2.5/3 Mb/s.
Apologies I forgot to mention, with OL, I have noticed that if it starts out slow, i can perform a pause and restart and it will pick up to its avg speed for me. Some files simply won't work like that, but most do.

pewe

Post by pewe » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:57 am

Interesting.

I'll try that next time I have a file to download.

EDIT:

Just restarted a canceled download and it started to come down at over 14Mb/s - it did fluctuate after that between 7 and 15Mb/s - but that's still faster than before.

Thanks for the tip.

MysticMatter

Post by MysticMatter » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:49 am

CU is back to running at full speed for me. I am averaging more than OL now at 25-30 megabytes per second. I'm on a 250 megabit line. Every now and then i'll get a DL that just won't go above 7-8, but its pretty rare. OL is still more consistent for me.

Scre5m

Post by Scre5m » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:04 pm

They are not slowing down connection. They are limiting servers for free download.
If you have IDM. You can see how many servers they allow you to download from.
Usually free users gets 10 - 20 servers. Now they limited servers to 1-5 for free users
Which results in lower speed. Sometimes I get 20 servers. Sometimes I get 1 server.

You can see all servers download in internet download manager.
As you can see on the picture. Clicknupload only gives me 2 servers this time. Resulting in slow download.

graybeard

Post by graybeard » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:06 am

Just downloaded a tv show with cnu at 1.4 MB/sec.