No more topic updates?

Hippie459MN

No more topic updates?

Post by Hippie459MN »

Why did you delete all of the replies and not posting updates to them anymore? I no longer get email notifications and with WBB email system down for ages, I no longer am notified of new replies (uploads) to topics I subscribed too so I could get the email notification.

Is there any way to fix this cause its a pain to have to search if something has been updated/new uploads or not. :(
HRA v3
Site Admin

Re: No more topic updates?

Post by HRA v3 »

I removed old replies to reduce the database size.
Now when I update a topic, I bump it to the top using a "Bump" option available in Phpbb forums.

I didn't notice, bumping doesn't send the notification email.

Are you subscribed to lot of topics?

Thanks
Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN »

HRA v3 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:43 am I removed old replies to reduce the database size.
Now when I update a topic, I bump it to the top using a "Bump" option available in Phpbb forums.

I didn't notice, bumping doesn't send the notification email.

Are you subscribed to lot of topics?

Thanks
I am subbed to about 12(ish) topics. And no, bumping doesnt send out notifications like replies do. I dont always get to check the site daily so I kind of relied on the notifications for new posts. Im fine either way, it was just a lot easier when I got the email letting me know of an update and I could go right to it when I was able too.
a1pilot

Post by a1pilot »

I was also using the notifications to know when shows were available, and to quickly access them without having to search.

I assumed HRA was gone / on holiday and went to other sites. Certainly drove me away from using the site (rightly or wrongly).

As it stands, I've being using dirty warez and it's no quicker to go there than come here.